How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: I stole this Video of Someone's build. Thanks.. I agree toatlly with his thought  (Read 8309 times)

Offline s johnson

• Beta testers
  • Scott - aka Slug Musher
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Standard L/E
Milholland designs described the best,
So Sorry for shanghaiing this video because I really don't know who the author is But I appreciate his remarks and the comments on his narration on his video. Nice job who ever you are  and Thanks for the video and hope you don't mind me sharing.
Simple and with nudges from other builders... anyone can build one.... Kudos and Merry Christmas.. Leonard

Scott Johnson
Silver Slug

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 34.0 Firefox 34.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
Milholland designs described the best,
So Sorry for shanghaiing this video because I really don't know who the author is

This review is done by a world class user of VID to teach building practices - goes by Mike-in-Wisconsin mkj1928 yahoo com... He has a UT VID series on making a composite tail spring and the building of a LE fus thru the tacked stage... Check em out on Youtube... EAA should bring him on their team...
Steve

Goto: http://youtube.com [Search for: LeagleEagleAirplane ]

Offline Sam Buchanan

Wonder if he is still working on his project?

Offline mkj1928

• 2015 Donor
  • Noob
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 39.0.2171.99 Chrome 39.0.2171.99
  • Eagle Type: LE # 31-N
Yes, I am still here. :)

I had some life altering situations going on and I am currently on track to continue. The fuselage is safe in my shed and I'll be continuing the video series with video #66 this coming week. 

I'm still very much in love with the Legal Eagle design. Life just has a way of changing on a person and with a business, a wonderful wife & three kids sometimes our path takes on a life of it's own. Last week I was dealing with some of the pressures in my business and my son Henry says"Dad, we need to finish the ultralight". My first thought was "are you nuts", then I thought, maybe he's the smart one here? Of course, my wife agrees and kinda pushed me along as well. I'm just being honest here guys, sometimes I feel like there's so much pressure from life it seems wrong to work on fun things outside of those pressures. I know that sounds kind of odd but that is what has been going through my head. 

Anyhow, shortly after my son made the suggestion I received a call from a good friend who actually got me into aviation originally. I'm 43, he's 76 and I consider him one of my very best friends. He left the Wisconsin winter to go hang out with the rusty zipper crowd in Florida and called to check up on me. We talked for 2 hours and he insisted I start back up as well. I agree. 

I'm looking forward to it, I can't wait to start again. 

Mike

Offline PropMan

• 2019 Donor
  • XL B2
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
    • Performance Propellers USA
  • Eagle Type: LE XL
Mike,
Glad to here you're still around.
You need the fun things in life to make it thru the hard. My youngest son had bad medical problems, almost lost him a few times. Thru that I built my RV6. Cheaper than a psychiatrist.  8)
Finish that Eagle and make more vids. Lot's of folks have enjoyed them and there helpful.
Frank

Offline Sparetime

• 2014 Donor
  • Noob
  • Mac OS X Mac OS X
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0 Safari 8.0
  • Eagle Type: Xl c-28
Mike,
You have helped many of us. Good to see you starting up again.

Thank You,

Jim

Offline Vince Carucci

• EAA 324
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.93 Chrome 40.0.2214.93
    • Legal Eagle T-53
  • Eagle Type: LE: T-53
To Mike: 

I've watched all 65 fuselage videos no less than 3 times. It's been fun watching your approach to the build and your solutions to obstacles. You've done a great job articulating the process. I don't own and inch of 4130 tube steel or a welding kit yet but because of the video series, I almost feel like I've done it already. On the human interest side, you get philosophical at the drive through and sentimental is selecting the wood for your control stick. Thanks for taking the time to record and post those clips. Wish you a happy and healthy 2015.

Vince

Offline ParQld

• Beta testers
  • Building DE
  • Mac OS X 10.8.5 Mac OS X 10.8.5
  • Browser:
  • Chrome 40.0.2214.94 Chrome 40.0.2214.94
  • Eagle Type: Double Eagle
Ditto, here Vince, I don't own any 4130, but have also watched all the videos from Mike at least 3 times and found them very informative and gives me the lift to go and learn to weld. Never done it before. I started with the wings because i needed a circuit breaker from life when things got tough. Like Frank said cheaper than a shrink and the plane understands you :)

so pleased to hear you are back on the Horse Mike. look forward to more of your insight and thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

cheers and best wishes Paul

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal