How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Video for Rolling Latex Paint  (Read 3778 times)

Offline mmorrison123

• Noob
  • Windows Vista/Server 2008 Windows Vista/Server 2008
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 34.0 Firefox 34.0
    • My Home Page
  • Eagle Type: XL
Video for Rolling Latex Paint
« on: December 24, 2014, 05:13:58 AM »
I just finished a new video on applying latex paint with a roller. After the sanding and polishing process the results are nearly as good as spraying. Both methods, spraying and rolling have their advantages.

Spraying gives the best finish, it’s faster for big areas, and requires less sanding to smooth the orange peel. But, you need spray equipment and a paint booth the contain the over spray, and you need to mask parts that you don’t want painted.

Rolling is faster for smaller areas and requires no masking other than along edges, it needs no paint booth or equipment, there’s no over spray. But, it requires more sanding to remove the orange peel and while the result is quite good it’s probably not quite as good as spraying.

Have a look at the video and let me know what you think.

Merry Christmas

Malcolm Morrison
www.wienerdogaero.com

Offline Mike Gracey

• Beta testers
  • Legal eagle XL
  • Windows 7/Server 2008 R2 Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
Re: Video for Rolling Latex Paint
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 05:30:45 AM »
Great Video well done.

Offline Jerry Carter

• 2014 Donor
  • XL builder
  • Mac OS X 10.10.1 Mac OS X 10.10.1
  • Browser:
  • Safari 8.0.2 Safari 8.0.2
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:33:11 AM »
Great stuff, Malcolm. I love the tips about the glass and the plastic bag. Now if I could just download some Boots Randolph music, I can finish it in one tenth the time. ;D

Offline Steve

• Steve Kiblinger
  • Staff
  • Flying
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 34.0 Firefox 34.0
    • Legal Eagle serial #33
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle(LE)
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 11:05:58 AM »
Now if I could just download some Boots Randolph music, I can finish it in one tenth the time. ;D
It's Christmas: "ask and yea shall receive' -

Offline Murray Randall

• 2015 Donor
  • Murray
  • Browser:
  • Mozilla compatible Mozilla compatible
  • Eagle Type: Cabin mod XL
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 05:46:13 PM »
That was a fun vid for me!!!!       Tried brushing latex and got terrible results.  I mean BAD.  I'm not making a spray booth in my nice heated shop.  Friends said roll it man!!    Here's a 3" roller.   Well the results are mighty fine. I'd say use the 3" on your surfaces with rib stitches or other discontinuities.   But seeing the vid from the man who invented latex lets me come out of the closet.   Its THE way to do latex.   I have a bucket of water handy to drop the roller in after a session, keep my thinned latex in a Folgers container, ready to go again, pull out the roller, dip it slightly in the thinned latex and go.   No need for a messy roller pan, just dip it 1/4" into your thinned latex and go. 
Cabin Mod to XL

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal