How to post, how to add pics, how to add an attachment, and how to share a YouTube video...

Author Topic: Supercharged engine  (Read 3756 times)

Offline nheistand

• Better Half VW
  • Windows NT 6.3 Windows NT 6.3
  • Browser:
  • Firefox 36.0 Firefox 36.0
  • Eagle Type: Legal Eagle
Supercharged engine
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:56:25 PM »
I have a half VW I built for my ultralight, it has 82mm stroker and 94mm cylinders and a single Mikuni 34mm carb. I am selling the half VW and replacing it with my experimental supercharged V-Twin. The V-Twin is a Honda clone engine and the supercharger is an AMR300 from a small European car. I have a v belt drive pulley on a stub shaft on the flywheel and a prop hub on the power shaft. I expect 35+hp with the supercharger.

The same supercharger could be adapted to a half VW with stock bore and stroke to get similar hp. The supercharger weighs 7 lbs.

I am willing to sell the half VW or the supercharged V-Twin for $2000. However if I sell the V-Twin I will immediately build another one. The Honda clone engine is all stock except a custom ignition and the supercharger with a 34mm Mikuni carb.

I have not yet tried a supercharger on a half VW but I like the idea of a stock long block converted to 2 cylinders and supercharger attached. I have even heard of a prop hub with a v belt pulley that could be used to turn the supercharger.

Norm Heistand  still testing the half VW and the clone Vtwin..
Norm Heistand  my .02

EaglersNest Mission Statement:
To maintain the comprehensive searchable database resource for Builders and Fliers of Leonard Milholland ultralight airplane designs aka Legal Eagle Ultralights.

BetterHalfVW.com  becomes LegalEagleAirplane.com - stay in contact with Leonard and get plans for all the Milholland Designs at LegalEagleAirplane.com
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal